PLEA Community Services Society of BC Awarded Three Year CARF Accreditation
Last week CARF International announced that PLEA Community Services Society of BC has been accredited for a period of three years. This certification encompasses all of PLEA’s programs and services and is valid to March 2018. This latest accreditation is the third consecutive Three-Year Accreditation that CARF has awarded to PLEA and shows the Agency’s substantial conformance to the standards.
Below are some highlights from the report:
• Staff build relationships with hard-to-reach youth that go well beyond the typical literature or training in this area. This dedication carries on throughout all its programs and forms the basis of PLEA’s ability to incorporate such innovation and creativity into the services they provide.
• PLEA is committed to providing individualized services to youth who often have failed in many other programs or venues. They have the opportunity to obtain education and assistance with housing and employment while they work towards meaningful goals to improve their lives.
• The social enterprise and vocational opportunities provided through the school programs are innovative and have motivated the youth served to not only complete school but to create businesses of their own in the community.
• FolkStone provides an individualized approach to addressing the needs of adults, which enables them to successfully participate in the community. It is led by a dynamic group of managers and professional support staff members who ensure the unique needs of each individual are addressed.
• Family caregivers report high levels of satisfaction with the support, training and availability they receive from PLEA staff.
• Program Managers are energetic and passionate about what they do, enjoy mentoring and training new staff members, and demonstrate a high level of commitment to PLEA’s overall mission.
• PLEA’s leadership team has built trusting relationships with regulatory bodies that have resulted in its ability to continually propose and implement cutting edge approaches to working with youth.
• PLEA’s Board of Directors is committed, providing effective governance and financial investment oversight as well as bringing a wealth of experience and skill to support the leadership and strategic goals of the organization.
David Duncan, Board President commented: "My congratulations to all of the staff at PLEA who work so hard to ensure we obtain yet another accreditation – a great achievement. My thanks as well to the Board for their efforts in working with the organization, once again, to guide PLEA to a third accreditation. It is an honour to be involved with such an innovative and dedicated organization."
Work is now underway to address the small number of recommendations made by the survey team.
To read the full CARF report click here. For more information about CARF visit www.carf.org.